1. I have officially been infected by the plague of 2014. It has been quite some time since I have been legitimately sick. Like fever, no appetite, just a coughing gross mess. But, most people I know have been hit by whatever this is for the last few months. I personally think it is my body’s way of telling me to slow the heck down and take a minute to relax. But it should know that I can’t relax until April 14th. Once April 14th is here, it can relax all it wants. So, now it’s on to: Commence Operation Disinfect Casa de Kerri. I need to prevent RJ from getting sick. More on that in a second.
2. We were blessed a few weeks ago when RJ was offered another job. Today is his first day. I’m so incredibly proud of him. He has worked so hard in both school and his professional life to get to this point. I know it will only go up from here. It is a big adjustment for our house. You see, RJ has worked from home for the past 7 years plus I’ve been home with him for the past 2.5. So this morning, was tough when he had to leave before the sun came up. But, it is the best thing for our family. It’s much more quiet here at home, but still feels like there is something missing. Maybe he’ll be able to work from home every now and again.
3. It seems like we have so much packing to do. We made our initial move into the storage unit this weekend. Well, I’m taking way too much credit for that. I watched as things were being moved into the U-Haul. When we got to the Storage Unit, I left with our friend Jess to visit the house, while her hubby helped unpack.
4. I’m not sure how TWO people create so much laundry. I can’t imagine when we finally bring a baby into the mix. I mean we work from home (well, you know what I mean) it’s not like I’m needing to dress up for work. It perplexes me. I think trolls borrow our clothes and leave them to be washed.
5. WE HAVE DIRT!!!!!! We had our pre-construction meeting Friday afternoon. It’s been a long 7 weeks waiting for some action on our plot of land. Finally… movement. Below is our builder… Basically, the meeting is just going over all of our options to make sure that nothing was missed and gave us the option to ask additional questions. For instance. RJ is tall. Not just tall but like super tall. He’s almost 6’8″. So we really wanted to make sure that all of the shower head are raised several inches higher than standard so the poor guy can take a shower without ducking down for once in his life.
This is our dirt. Our fabulous dirt. That tall drink of water to the right, that’s RJ. This week they should be starting on the plumbing and the creating and perhaps pouring the slab maybe by the end of the weekend. I’m excited to actually have some more house updates and y’all can walk through the process with us!
What did y’all do over the weekend?!? Anything fun?